Monday, December 14, 2009

"Whatever Gets You Through the Night..."

It's alright...it's alright...

Whenever I get into too deep a funk, whether from the rain, the dark, or other things, I usually turn to music to get me going again. Three particular songs, played in a certain order, seem to do the trick when it's really bad (and if it's so bad that they don't work, well, look out...). It's a form of musical therapy "entrainment" for me, something about syncin' my brainwaves to the grooves. Safer and cheaper than drugs..anyway, the songs are "Peaches en Regalia", by Frank Zappa, "Lido Shuffle" by Boz Scaggs, and "Beck's Bolero" by Jeff Beck. The first one is more lighthearted, the second gets me moving with the keyboard breakdown, and the last one has me climbing the rafters. Sometimes they're enough to make me think that there may be hope yet...


Peaches en Regalia - Frank Zappa

Anthony Prendergast | MySpace Video




No comments:

Post a Comment