Sunday, May 23, 2010

"Shut up, Honkey."

That's pretty much the response from the Left to Rand Paul's comments on the 1964 Civil Rights Act. (Though it's his own fault for even appearing on the Rachel Maddow show... talk about walking into a lion's den...but I digress.) I wonder where the Left is when I see a black man walk down the street towards me wearing that? If Rand Paul is so wrong, well, shouldn't there be, by the Left's own pretzel logic, a law against such a shirt?
Of course not. And, of course, neither Libertarianism not Objectivism supports racism; See Rand's essay "Racism" from The Virtue of Selfishness, and the Libertarian argument for a free market solution. But don't expect this to be acknowledged by the Left, who would prefer to keep minorities victimized in the never-ending crusade to destroy liberty in this country.
Let them keep playing that race card. Just know that my hand is better. And don't expect this honkey to shut up, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment