Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Shruggin' the Atlas Shrugged Movie...

The "on again/off again" Atlas Shrugged movie is apparently "on again," but it's been talked about for so long (before I was born, even), that I can't help but shrug. Why? I've noticed the controversy over the recent rush job into production under a "use it or lose it" scenario, and the first thing that came to my mind was brought up in a recent article from slashfilm.com:
That sounds pretty well in line with the industry’s general impression that this movie is just a placeholder project to keep the rights to the material. (Think Roger Corman’s 1994 Fantastic Four film, shot in order to retain the character rights, and never intended to be released...)
Comic book geeks like myself know that story well (I've seen a bootleg of the film, and it was bad, but better than Joel Shumacher's big budget Batman..).
It would be over a decade before a film proper reached the theaters. So, for now..."I'll believe it when I see it." Of course, I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised, so, have at it...

No comments:

Post a Comment