Thursday, July 1, 2010

"Not Nobody, Not No How!"

Once again, "The Great Oz has spoken." And in case you didn't get the message, the gatekeeper reminds you:

"As you might recall, Leonard Peikoff clearly requested that he not be asked any further questions about the NYC Mosque in his recent podcast. I wanted to remind everyone of that, given that OCON starts tomorrow. For his sake -- and for the sake of a fun-filled OCON -- I ask that everyone respect his request."
In other words: Orders are, nobody can see the Great Oz, not nobody, not no how...NOT NOBODY, NOT NO HOW!
Dorothy
Oh - Oh, please. Please, sir. I've got to see the Wizard. The Good Witch of the North sent me.
Doorman
Prove it!
Scarecrow
She's wearing the ruby slippers she gave her!
Doorman
Oh - so she is! Well, bust my buttons! Why didn't you say that in the first place? That's a horse of a different colour! Come on in!
"Ha - ha - ha, Ho - ho - ho - And a couple of tra - la - las..."


You might ask why am I being like this, amidst the calls for "civility?" "Leadership is obliged to justify itself daily."

–Isabel Paterson, God of the Machine.


No exceptions.



No comments:

Post a Comment