Thursday, October 25, 2012

ARC: "Actually, Mr. President..."

Your president, Barack Obama, previously alluded to Ayn Rand with his infamous "I don't know when they decided they wanted to make a virtue out of selfishness." And now, in the current Rolling Stone magazine, he outright addresses her, in regards to Paul Ryan's supposed "obsession" with her (HAH!).  I don't care to either quote Obama, or to link to Rolling Stone on this (however, I will quote Neil Schon, of the band Journey: “The only thing I use the Rolling Stone for is toilet paper when I run out.”)

Fortunately, others are already on it.

From the Ayn Rand Center: "Actually, Mr. President, Ayn Rand is Quintessentially American 


Yaron Brook of the ARI was also quick to get a statement out there:



 

And here's a commentary from Objectivist Stuart Hyashi, with a timely Halloween-ish title: "About Teens, Ayn Rand Answers President Obama Beyond the Grave" 

(Updated 10/28: Ari Armstrong, in The Objective Standard: "Obama, Unsurprisingly, Gets Ayn Rand Wrong"


And Yaron Brook/Don Watkins in Forbes: "President Obama Duels With Ayn Rand Over What Makes America Great")

Speaking of Halloween and toilet paper, and since these gentlemen have already addressed this story in a mature fashion, it frees me up to engage in some spirited holiday fun. (Hey, if Obama thinks Rand and Objectivism are "immature," who am I am to argue?) So here are some ideas for mischief night at the White House. 






Trick-or-Treat, bitch.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, I remember the "virtue out of selfishness" quote. I wonder if anyone sent him a copy of The Virtue of Selfishness.

    Also, I wonder if I were to use the toilet paper for its traditional purpose, would Obama say "You didn't make that".

    ReplyDelete