Monday, December 24, 2012

"Good Will in a Non-Sacrificial Way", or, Merry Christmas

"The charming aspect of Christmas is the fact that it expresses good will in a cheerful, happy, benevolent, non-sacrificial way." -Ayn Rand, The Objectivist Calendar, Dec. 1976 

Objectivism, according to Rand, was to be "a philosophy for living on Earth." And that includes, of course, "peace, good will toward men." In that spirit, I'd like to share some of that good will in music form, with an improv/"work in progress" I started today, "Snow on the River." So, with good will for the best within you, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year. 


4 comments:

  1. Joe,

    Do you have a catalog of your music somewhere? I received an I-pod for Christmas last year, yet I haven't yet used it. I received a CD this year which I am going to download onto it. I would like to download some of your music as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for asking, Kyle. I've recorded music under the name Spaceplayer, which is available on iTunes. But for more music like the above, here's my "Stargazer" series, which you can download for free:

    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1023691&content=music

    Enjoy! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mornin', Joe. Just took a moment to listen to Snow on the River. As a fly fisher, who spends many hours on the river, in all seasons, I have to say your composition captured, for myself at least, the beauty of a still winter day, with a gently falling snow, while wading a favorite stream in solitude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, John, much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete